Cooking With PHBC Beer - Peach Hippie
Today, we are starting a new feature on our blog. Each time we release a new beer, one of our talented folks will share a recipe for all of you foodies out there. Why, you might ask? The answer is simple. The only thing better than great craft beer is great craft beer with great, creative food. Plus, our team of brewers all love to cook, especially with beer! Here is Andy's first recipe for all of you to try.
Let us know what you think!
Pan Seared Chicken and Couscous with Savory Peach Sauce
Ingredients - Serves 6
6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 Tbsp thinly sliced shallot (about 1 large)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh thyme
3 peaches, each cut into 8 wedges
¾ cup Beach Hippie IPA
¾ cup chicken stock
1½ Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp butter
1 Box Whole Wheat Couscous (cooked according to instructions)
1. Season chicken with salt and pepper on both sides. Brown in hot oil in a large skillet 5 minutes per side or until done. Remove from skillet, and keep warm.
2. Add shallot, thyme, and peaches to skillet; cook 2 minutes.
3. Add beer, scraping bottom to loosen browned bits, and immediately drink the rest of the can. Bring to a boil. Cook 3 minutes or until reduced to about ⅔ cup.
4. Add stock and honey; bring to a boil.
5. Remove from heat; stir in butter.
6. Serve each plate with chicken on a bed of couscous and top with the sauce.
Bon appétit and Cheers Y’all!